Chef – Casual
Enjoy a varied and challenging position with excellent casual opportunities.
First impressions are essential in creating the “wow” factor on entry to our Club!
Redlands Sporting Club has recently been renovated and is the home away from home our customers love to come to. We provide a varied range of Food & Beverage options to our members and guests. Great opportunities exist to work in an environment that provides stability in employment with the possibility of becoming a permanent member of the team. We delight in providing for our members and their guests a 200 machine gaming floor, a Steakhouse, Café, 400 seat Buffet, a function room on the second level, Keno Lounge, Sports Bar & TAB, Entertainment Lounge and a Kids Club Room. Our goal is to provide gold star customer service to everyone we interact with so that each and every visit is memorable and an experience they long to repeat.
About the Role
Join a hardworking team and continue the great work in appealing to a wide range of tastes and members’ needs. Opportunities are available to work with the team on menu creation, functions and innovative ideas for the Café and Functions as well as the Steakhouse.
In this role, you will also be required to undertake the following duties:
- Work in the fast paced, high volume kitchen
- Prepare, cook & serve a range of meals in accordance with cooking guidelines & recipes
- Focus on quality, consistency and presentation of meals
- Operate a kitchen during service and in the absence of senior team members
- Demonstrate hygienic and safe work practices
- Under the guidance of the Executive Chef, coach and train junior team members
- Reduce wastage
- Other duties as requested
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
- Essential skills & competencies:
- Reliable and hardworking
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
- A willingness to learn and undertake training when required
- Time management and organisational skills
- A passion for cooking and exceeding customer expectations!
Experience and Qualifications:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification required
- Working rights in AustraliaIf you are interested in expressing your interest in this role, simply complete the application process and we’ll be in touch when a vacancy becomes available
No recruitment agencies please